Sunday, November 21, 2010

Change in direction

Woah I realized i haven't written here for quite some time, heck another Warped Tour has come and gone even. I realized i'm not quite cut out to be a reviewer, at least a serious one as I don't have the money nor am I timely enough. I'm going to try to commit to once a week though and update on Sundays. I'm gonna keep this blog about music but now it's gonna more about what i'm listening to and general thoughts. I may still give reviews and such but they will be sporadic and heck might even be for albums that came out quite some time ago.
As far as the music listening goes I've been absorbing a lot of music though mostly it's been a lot of Manchester Orchestra and Right Away, Great Captain. Andy Hull is amazing musician with some very deep and thought-provoking lyrics. I am honestly not sure which band of his I enjoy more but i can say that with both i tend to like their first album better then their subsequent stuff in the end. But their entire catalogue is great stuff and I heartily recommend both bands.
Also been checking out some Evergreen Terrace which I've been meaning to get my hands on for some time now. Definitely an awesome melodic metal band that hits pretty hard. They have some alright solos but it's mostly just the main riffs and scream/sing dynamic that really gets in my head. They have some great hooks and I recommend the album "Wolfbiker" to sink your teeth into and see if you enjoy their style.
Been getting into Amazon's daily MP3 deals and sometimes they release good or new albums for mad cheap and it would be ridiculous not to buy at that price. Picked up the new Underoath album Disambiguation which i gotta say is the weakest album they have made in awhile. It's still them and it has it's moments but it definitely doesn't stick with me as well as They Are Only Chasing Safety and Define the Great Line do. It's the kind of album i recommend to Underoath fans but new kids should try an older album to see if they would like the music.
Another band i've been listening to is 10 years, picked up more of their stuff and remember why i like them so much. It's pretty much if Shinedown was good is the best way i can put it. They have a good old school alternative sound with some pretty deep lyrics that touch on some heady subjects. Worth checking out if you like bands like A Perfect Circle, Shinedown, or Crossfade.
The rest has been a smattering of Barenaked Ladies, The Receiving End of Sirens, Coheed and Cambria, and Soasin. Again rediscovering my love for bands i used to listen to a lot but kinda got lost in my music library and then rediscovered. I think that is all for now, until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment